Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's Not Trash If It Holds Your Treasures

I'm still on an organizational spree, and today I started in on random drawers. I kept coming across multiple drawers and boxes of jewelry and realized I needed to organize things. Random unmatched earrings, twisted necklaces, and bracelets all jumbled together was just not workin' for me.
So.. I grabbed handfuls of the stuff, lay out a white tablecloth on the floor in the living room where there was some good lighting, and began to untangle, pair up, & polish. The trick in the end was HOW was I going to keep this stuff organized?!

The first group to be sorted were the rings...




Next came the bracelets...

then ... oh  man, this took FOREVER!! ... the earrings...

Eventually I made it through a ton of necklaces. I don't think I have seen that many knots... EVER...





Then....I cleared off the cloth and did it again...


In the end, everything was put in a proper place... and all it took was one clear plastic egg carton (obviously quite a few pairs of earrings are rooming with others... an empty paper towel holder, and a shoe box with each necklace individually packaged in a ziplock bag. NO MORE TANGLES!



It was a nice waste of two or so hours... and in the end, a large chunk of my jewelry got polished and put away... PLUS... the next time I see a piece of jewelry I want, I WILL just say NO! 

How the hell did I amass so much anyway?! Sadly, this wasn't even half of it....I'm gonna have to eat more eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment