Friday, January 8, 2010

Not Alone

The following is a small group of thoughts that have run through my head, quotes from others, and observations, etc... all regarding the same topic... none of which will solve the problem, all of which allows one to know you are not alone, you are not the only one that has felt this way. There are others that understand your distress.




If we must part forever,
Give me but one kind word to think upon,
And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.”
~Thomas Otway

I was born the day I met you, lived a while when you loved me, died a little when we broke apart.

Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. (this might be the truest thing I have EVER read/heard)

Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to him.



part of a 'never to be sent' letter: It all happened so backwards. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you, thinking you'd evaporate into the dream I was living. When I kissed you I was afraid to keep loving you... afraid I would lose you. When I loved you with all my being, I lost you. Now I am afraid to ever love again. I am not going to hide the truth from you, I never have, I never will. I loved you harder and stronger than any person I've ever known, and the pain of knowing it was totally worthless and unwanted was unbearable ... and it still is, but here is where I say goodbye.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is heartbreak in a nutshell.









No comments:

Post a Comment