Monday, July 25, 2011

Where Are You?

Dear Person Meant For Me-

I have become aware that I do not need to ask for a list of things in regards to what I would hope the person I spend the rest of my life with possesses. I realize that if we are together, it means you already have/are/do all these things.

I know you are taller than me, and I no longer need to feel like "the dude" in the relationship, or that I can't wear heels.
I know that you will have large strong hands.
I am sure that you have kissable lips & know how to use them.
I know that you can read books without the aid of pictures, and know the difference between they're/their/there & your/you're... among others.


I am also pleased to inform you that I will never forget that you don't have an odd knack for putting me down on such a sickeningly regular basis that any compliments you think you pay me fall on deaf ears.
You never leave me to fall asleep with tears in my eyes.
You do not feel that I'm not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough for you. You understand that when I am ready to give up, what I really desire is for you to not do the same, but fight for me when the fight in me has ebbed.

You never tell me how much better I could be, if only I changed. You accept me as I am.

I will love you with all that I have, and then find more to give from hidden reserves.

Maybe on a quiet afternoon in autumn as we lay on the beach, wrapped in blankets, listening to the tide roll in & out, I will tell you all this..... I just haven't met you yet.


8 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet. My favourite line: "I am sure that you have kissable lips & know how to use them."
    I'm sure you'll find the right person for you when it'll be the right time. Just don't give up.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually when people list what they want in an ideal partner it's a list of insane, unrealistic demands that ensures the 57 cats in the house will be the only creatures who will ever see that person naked.
    But your list actually seems quite reasonable. Except maybe the their/they're/there thing, you may be screwed with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starlight- thank you... and yeah, I refuse to give up. Why give up on someone that won't give up on me? :)

    Pickelope- I often wonder if I am just asking too much... but I realize it's not that I'm asking too much, I've just been asking the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Goofy Girl quite well and I'd recommend her like a shot. Goofy Witty and Kind. She's fantastic.
    SBW

    ReplyDelete
  5. SBW- Hmmm... interesting.... all things considered. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Le sigh.... I've been feeling this way pretty often myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cake Betch- again, pissed as !@#$% that you don't live next door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Sounds like we are waiting on the same person... tee hee. No worries,I send him your way if he stops by this side of the world :)

    ReplyDelete