Monday, November 16, 2009

Reviewed Review

I keep getting a message on my computer that my start up disk was full... I actually had to google "why does my computer say my start up disk is full?" Half expecting google to tell me "'cause it's FULL dummy!" Which is the truth, I just didn't know what exactly it meant. Can I delete things? What can I delete? What NEEDS to be deleted? After I figured out the basics I started going through all the zillions of files on my computer.

When I tell you I throw nothing away on my computer... I pretty much mean it. I have even been finding screen shots of paid bills for services I don't even have any longer! BUT... every once in a while I find a picture I didn't realize I had, or something like this little gem from years ago. It started back in December 2006 when a friend and I were on the phone talking about how much we missed going to the movies together and how much it sucked that we didn't live near each other any longer. At first we said we were going to plan to rent the same movie one night and watch the whole thing on the phone with each other... but instead we promised to just keep track of every movie we watched for one month, and write a little review for each other of each movie. Geeky, I know. We both kept our word and watched a retardedly large amount of movies in January 2007... and, not so shockingly, I found a copy of the letter I sent them with the reviews. I am going to throw this away (promise!) but first I wanted to share it... 'cause I forgot I even watched 1/2 these movies! ... and now I kinda want to watch a few of them again.
See if you agree or disagree:

Lets go to the movies... shall we?:

1/07 - Little Miss Sunshine : (DVD)  hysterical! officially my favorite movie of 2007... though today is January 1st 2007 and this is the first movie I've watched this year... but I have pneumonia and nothing says "I'm staying home and getting my rest" like watching a bunch of movies, so the whole "best of 2007" thing might change, possibly even tonight... but, I do guarantee "Little Miss Sunshine" will remain in the top 10. This movie is outstanding, seriously.

1/07-  Invincible: (DVD) this was that movie about Vince Papale, the 30 year old "ordinary guy" back in the 70's that played for the Philadelphia Eagles. It was actually a good movie... and maybe it's just 'cause I'm sick right now... but Mark Wahlberg is lookin' mighty cute in this movie. (Might just be the 70's hair... so many guys look adorable with it) I mean here's a guy formerly known as "Marky Mark" (WTF?) and his "band" was called the "Funky Bunch"... haha... it just makes me think of a pile of nasty laundry. Now he's Mr. Movie-Star-Guy... well.. he did a bang up job. This movie is totally worth renting/watching. I wouldn't say "rush out now and get it"... but, if there is a question, go on, rent it, you'll dig it. **** Just for the record, I am well aware that Mark Wahlberg has made a bunch of movies since his "Marky Mark" days... and 99% of them really good... I guess I'm just shocked by the consistency of that fact.

1/07- Lady In The Water: (DVD) my roommate Johnny rented this and let me watch it before he had to return it. It's yet another M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong movie. Normally I look forward to his movies because I can not wait for him to make a movie I don't have figured out in the first 5 min. This is not a movie with a "surprise" ending/twist... what it is...... is painfully boring. Yawn. I'm happy Johnny rented it and not me.

1/07- A Prairie Home Companion: (DVD) um... I REALLY wanted to love this movie. It seemed to have all the things I loved.... even Kevin Kline. (He's one of the best of the best as far as I'm concerned) ... but to be honest.. the best part of this movie, for me, was going back and watching the whole movie with the director's commentary ON.  Altman & Klien are pretty funny on that. Other than that... I didn't hate it, but I'll never watch it again.

1/07- Thank You For Smoking: (DVD) laugh out loud funny. Most people I know that watched this movie said it made them want to quit smoking... I just wanted a cigarette the whole time. Worth watching.

1/07- The Night Listener: (DVD) How did I not know about this movie? I really liked it. It's based on an Armistead Maupin novel (love him!)... which is based on a true story. I don't want to tell you anything else about it... that would ruin it. It's not a scary movie... but it is a lil' freaky, though not freaky enough to make it hard to sleep just after watching it.

1/07- Down In The Valley: (DVD) Ed Norton, shirt off. 'nuff said.

1/07-  The Illusionist: (DVD) Not too much illusion here. The plot is rather easy to figure out... BUT, the acting is pretty good. I adore Paul Giamatti and he does his part as chief inspector beautifully. I was also shocked by Jessica Biel's performance, it was quite good. The movie itself... eh... not too fantastic.

1/07- Idiocracy: (DVD) ok, this movie is totally stupid.... but for some reason I found it highly entertaining. The premise is that Luke Wilson's character... a boring, not very smart "average Joe" is "frozen" in 2005 thinking he will be woken up a year later... but something happens and he (and the woman who was frozen with him at the same time) get woken up 500 years into the future. Everyone in the future is dumb as rocks thanks to mass commercialization and mindless TV programming that "Joe" is now the smartest person on the planet. Now it's up to him to get evolution rollin' again. It's a funny premise, and the depictions of the "future idiots" is priceless...... but this is one of those movies you should watch if it's on TV/cable... otherwise, it's not really worth the money.

1/07 - To Kill A Mockingbird: (DVD) For the billionth time: I love this movie. Love the book too... but the movie just gets me... every time. I love everything about it... even the freaky young Robert Duval as "Boo." The extras on the DVD are pretty cool. To see "Jem" & "Scout" all grown up is kinda crazy. And Gregory Peck.. still handsome as ever. What a face, what a voice!!

1/07- The Grapes Of Wrath: (DVD) This movie really needs no description or review. If you have not seen it you are definitely missing out on some of the finest acting to ever take place. There is a reason this movie is a classic. There is also a reason I watch this movie year after year. I need say no more.

************************************
And that's all I have to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment