Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Happy Place ~ Pt 1

I have decided that I am going to have a series of posts, at random ('cause that's how I roll) of my "happy places"... you know, things, people, and places (& okay some specific foods/drinks too) that just seem to make everything better. It won't be in any specific order since some things make me happy in different ways on different days... but if they make it onto this "list", this series of blog posts, well... they are AT LEAST three different kinds of awesome.

(1)
On a chilly afternoon after wandering around London we sat down on a wall along the Thames, just outside of Shakespeare's Globe, and I had said we should ask someone walking by to take our picture. He just took the camera out of my hands and started snapping away... these are some of those pictures ... the rest will remain just for the two of us.



I ♥ that Jerk of mine. XXX

(2)

Maynards Wine Gums... holy crap this is some yummy candy. I've been more than a little in love with them for about 10 years now. (Late Bloomer I guess, they've been around forever)
I love all their chewy, juicy, sweet yumminess......

(3)



 "The Parent Trap"

(The 1961 version starring Maureen O'Hara, Brian Keith, and Hayley Mills.)
I can honestly say that I have seen this movie over 100 times. Those who know me best, especially people that have lived with me, know that if they come home and I am watching The Parent Trap... they should just keep walking and not even bother talking to me, I'm in no mood. Once the movie is over though... I'm totally cheered up. For real. That movie has the strangest (but best) effect on me ... and Maureen O'Hara's dresses in this movie are to fucking die for!



(4)

CASHMERE! 

I basically live for those chilly days & nights when the option, and opportunity, to wrap myself in cashmere presents itself.
I can not tell you how many times I've wished I loved crappy polyester, or just plan wool (don't get me wrong, I love a good wool sweater too...)... but cashmere makes me feel like I am wearing a freakin' hug from an ethereal being.


****************************************************


Ok, that's it.. for now....stay tuned for the next random post........

4 comments:

  1. I love this movie!! <3 Old school that is... the new version is... ok =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NancyLove~ it's great, isn't it?
    I remember a (not so smart) friend saying "yeah, but in the new one that Lindsay Lohan played BOTH girls."

    When I informed 'um that Hayley Mills was just one person as well... let's just say it took google and multiple clicks to convince them. Idjits are funny.

    ReplyDelete