Sunday, October 31, 2010

You Know, That Thing With The Stuff...

This started on facebook among multiple friends... but I thought I'd take it here since it seems everyone is doing a random list of things about themselves. I know it's the easy way out 'cause I'm just answering questions, but...

45 THINGS

If you want to play, just post this list on your blog, replacing my answers with yours.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
my middle name is the same as BOTH my parents, as well as the first name of my maternal grandfather.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I was watching some of those "It Gets Better" videos and the one by BD Wong totally made me tear up at the end. (In fact I dare any of you to not cry if you watch it. )

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It would look a lot better filling out a blank check signed by Bill Gates.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
roast beast

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
wonderfully immature friends, yes... kids, no.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
totally, then I'd finally have someone to stay sober for me and be the designated driver.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
pshyeah.... what do you think?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
sure, the jar of them is still there..... oh wait... you mean MINE?.. not my collection of them? Yeah, I still have 'um.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
if you could give me a good enough reason to risk my life on a rubber band, okay.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Fiber One Nut Clusters (I know, weird.)

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
if I'm wearing my boots that lace up to the knee, yes.... otherwise I'll have to live with the nickname "stumpy" after I perform an impromptu amputation.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I prefer vanilla or coffee fro yo, or strawberry sorbet

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
height, then smile, then hands, then eyes, then lips... in that order every time.

14. RED OR PINK?
I like them both equally

15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
That questions like this force me to use almost unbearable restraint from tearing myself apart piece by piece when really I should be trying to like myself instead of picking myself apart.

16. WHOM DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
every single person in my life that has passed away, all friends that live far away, and my carefree self at age 23.

17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
sure, why not? I'd also like 'um to link me to it so I can read their answers.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
barefoot and in a skirt.

19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
there appears to be a suicidal squirrel in the tree outside my door right now, and a VERY loud bird trying to talk him down.

20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I took a quiz once that claimed to tell you what color crayon you were; I got "spank me pink"... so I'll go with that one only because I have no other answer.

21. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fahrenheit men's cologne by Christian Dior, fig candles, burning pine, my skin after a day in the sun at the beach, & heliotrope.

22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Pretty sure it was my housemate Colin, but I could be wrong.... wait, I am wrong! It was my little brother.... though I can't remember why he called, oops! (does this make me a bad sister or what?)

23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO YOU LAST SPOKE TO?
 I like him, but I don't "like like" him... you know EXACTLY what I mean.

24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Shinty, Rugby, Football (soccer, not American football), & little kids playing baseball/softball

25. HAIR COLOR?
dark brown with bright fuchsia streaks

26. EYE COLOR?
brown (unless I wear periwinkle blue, then they turn green... it's waaay creepy)

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
you betcha

28. FAVORITE FOOD?
fruit: granny smith apples & tomatoes
veggies: asparagus & spinach
meat: roast beef & duck
bread: indian flat bread (the way I make it) & rye
candy: Wine Gums, Good & Fruity, & Strawberry Twizzlers
desert type stuff: strawberry shortcake, cheesecake, white cake w/butter cream frosting
(how was THAT for a thorough answer?!)

29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Twisted comedies

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
"Better Than Sex"... own it, love it, watch it way too much, totally bananas for it.

31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
dark charcoal gray

32. SUMMER OR WINTER?
late spring/early fall

33. HUGS OR KISSES?
uh.. yes & yes..... & PLEASE!

34. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
anyone with a sense of humor

35. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
people with no sense of humor

36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Norton Anthology of American Literature. I pulled it off my shelf last night for a reference and became engrossed again.

37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
what is this mouse pad you speak of?

38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
I can't remember the name of the show, it was something like "I Shouldn't Have Survived" or "I Should Be Dead" or something like that. True stories about people in mind boggling situations where most would perish.

39. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
soft rain falling on the ocean; children laughing hysterically; fire crackling in the wood burning stove; & a guy at my door with a giant check telling me I just won the "Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes" (not that I've heard that, but I reckon it'd be my favorite sound EVER.

40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Those two can NOT be compared, sheesh!

41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
distance wise, Hawaii (I checked the miles) but I've lived in two other countries besides the US.

42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I do... it's called "keeping a secret."

43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
I was born a poor black child........

44. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
please refer back to #'s 34 & 35

45. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
A cell phone wielding, espresso drinkin' Buddha sealed the deal.

(if any of you do "copy" & post this with your own answers, please let me know, I'd love to read it)

No comments:

Post a Comment